Sunday, March 3, 2013

Presentations

Last week our Internet for Educators class did presentations on topics of our choice relating to education and technology. It was a very educational session! Everyone had excellent presentations; each was unique and equally engaging – Great work everyone! I won’t go into too much detail about the topics, but if you weren’t in that class, here are the links to our presentations if you’re interested! 

BYOD
– presented by @erinduchart, @crepeecl05, @MissTa24, @CArmstrong00, @alauraarmstrong, and me, @joseyd91. 

TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
– presented by @nicklasbaron, @mzlinzebraun, @banksjr19, @BanksMicki, and @Affleck24. 

HowNotToSteal
– presented by @Langanlisa, @misslwbt, @tyler_jl, @jennasis22, and @kelseypenner. 

InternetFilters 
– presented by @anna_teach, @falk007, and @brookegelo. 

Cyberbullying
– presented by @melnyksteven, @scott_taylor87, @adriennewiebe, @gurrsarah, and @missHeducation. 

The group I was a part of discussed BYOD or bring your own device. To give you a brief overview, we discussed: what it was, different devices available, statistics, different apps/programs available, policies, benefits and risks of using BYOD in the classroom. My part was to find different apps/programs educators could use in the classroom and oh boy was there a lot to choose from! When I was researching for this project, I was absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of apps out there that were specifically designed for educators to use. If you want to check out the list I came up with, click the BYOD link above.

Having only experienced a “No Device” policy when I was in school, I’m interested to see how it actually works in the classroom!
Until my next post… JD

No comments:

Post a Comment