Monday, March 4, 2013

EDUBLOGGER: Lisa Neilsen – The Innovative Educator


One of our tech tasks for our course, Internet for Educators, was to follow an established Edublogger. The Edublogger I found is Lisa Neilsen and her blog is called “The Innovative Educator.” Here’s a link to her blog theinnovativeeducator, I would definitely recommend giving it a read!

Lisa is a certified teacher, educational administrator, a writer and a speaker. She has an award winning blog, her writing is featured in many places and she is the author of a book. Lisa is such an accomplished woman! Needless to say, I was drawn to Lisa’s blog. She provides such great insights on ‘hot’ education topics and provides awesome resources as well! Another reason why I love reading and following Lisa’s blog is that she is very passionate about using technology in the classroom. It is evident in her blog how connected and up to date she is in the world of technology… she is a great example of a connected educator!

I have learned so many great ways and approaches to embrace technology in the classroom! I would definitely recommend her book “Teaching Generation Text,” which looks at using cell phones in the classroom… it is a great read!

Until my next post… JD

No comments:

Post a Comment