Monday, March 4, 2013

Show & Tell

In one of my other blogs, Presentations, I had mentioned that my role in the group projects was to find and make a list of apps and programs educators could use in the classroom. Here are some of my favourites:

1. Trackclass is a great, free resource for students. The site allows students to track their classes and assignments, and even will send reminders (email or SMS) for upcoming assignment due dates and test dates. There is a note taking utility so students can take notes on it, can attach files to each class and assignment to keep things organized. It is a great way for students to stay organized. There is also a version for mobile phones and the iPhone, so students can stay organized no matter where they are.  
2. Scribblar is an online meeting room / white board. Students can use it to collaborate on projects, teachers can tutor via the computer, and teachers can use it for collaborative meetings and projects. Scribblar has a virtual white board, writing tools to create text, lines and shapes, the ability to add images, a chat window so that users can talk to each other while working with microphone and speakers!  

3. Dropbox, is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Dropbox is by far my favourite app that has been introduced to me this year! So far I’ve mostly used to share items with fellow pre-service teachers and I don’t need a flash drive to be able to do it! Other things that I like about it is that you can save it in the format it was created in, and you can share it or keep it private.


These are only a few of the apps I have found that I wanted to share with you! Again if you want to find more apps that educators can use visit my Presentations blog, for a longer list! I hope you enjoy these apps and find them as useful as I do!

Until my next post… JD

No comments:

Post a Comment