Thursday, February 28, 2013

Twitter

I honestly never thought or anticipated having a Twitter account. I used to think (based on stories I had heard) that people used twitter to give us a minute by minute update on their lives. Therefore I was little surprised when our Internet for Educators professor, Mike, asked us to join the twitter world as one of our tech tasks.

It’s sad to say that my first tweet was to announce that I was hacked. Yes. I was one of those people who opened ‘have you seen this pic of you?!’ message... wasn’t my best moment. Other than that experience, I really have struggled getting into twitter. I tried ‘tweeting’… but I couldn’t think of what to say, so I epically failed at that. So instead I chose to use twitter to follow fellow educators and see what they tweet. I was shocked by how often some people tweeted AND how they were tweeting 2-3 different resources daily! How do people have time for this?! I mean it’s great for me because the resources they’ve posted are amazing (I will definitely be using some of them), but it seems incredibly time consuming.

I guess you could say my take away from twitter is that it is a great teaching resource. I don’t foresee myself using it to tweet personally, but maybe I’ll work up to it. That’s all for now folks… tweet tweet.

Until my next post… JD

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it Jocelyn! It took probably half a year to really get into twitter, but when you're out in the field and come across something really cool or have a challenge you need help with just tweet us #I4Ed-ers and we'll help you out :D

    ReplyDelete