Sunday, February 2, 2014

Teacher's Class Websites

One of our "Tech Tasks" in the ICT course I'm enrolled in is to create a  classroom website, or as my professor likes to call it, a "web presence & communication hub for your classroom." My first reaction, as per usual, was panic. I have never made a website in my life, let alone one that needs to look professional. How do I create it? What do you put on it? How am I going to use it? What do administrators expect to see on it? 

My professor Mike offered us this link and it is an interesting read: TEN reasons why teachers should have a web site!

So... after many hours of headaches, editing, re-editing, deleting, etc. I have finally created my first website! If you would like to check it out HERE IT IS. Now the creation process was a bit difficult because as a pre-service teacher, I do not have a classroom to design it for. So, I decided to create the website to present what my future classroom might look like. It still needs some work and it is, very basic, however I think that I have included the essentials.

Like I always do when starting a new assignment, I first use the most important internet tool of all... Google. I always ask Mr. Google "How do I _____?" and shockingly he always answers. Here are 3 links that I found useful when creating my website:


Take a look at my website, tell me what you think and if you have any suggestions for me! Also feel free to share your own experiences and uses of websites because I'm interested in finding out how others do it.

Until next time... JD

No comments:

Post a Comment