Monday, January 21, 2013

New to Blogging


Hello Internet for Educators Class & Mike!

 
Welcome to my first blog post ever! I’m a little nervous as I have no idea what I’m doing… to be honest I think my 70 year old grandmother spends more time on the computer than I do! So if and when you read this, if you ever have any helpful hints or suggestions I’m all ears!

 I guess this is the point in time that I tell you something about me… Okay well I’m in my 4th year at BU. I did a 3 year Bachelor of Science, major in math and minor in geography, and now I’m in my first year of Education. I’m, what some might say, an ‘army brat.’ My dad is in the military and we moved lots when I was younger so I’m not really from anywhere. I was born in Edmonton then when I was six months old my family and I moved to the Netherlands, where my younger sister was born. We lived there for 4 years, lived in Ottawa for 2 years, Kingston for 7 and now I’ve been in Brandon for…. 8 years, I think.

 As for blogging, I’m still a bit sceptical about it. I’m hoping this course will educate me on how to use the internet in the classroom and help me to feel me comfortable using it too. I think that’s everything for now…

 

Until my next post… JD

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You managed to figure it out! Well I think blogging will be fun if you remember to do it! Can't wait to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn, welcome to Internet for Educators and to Blogger. I know it is a little unsettling to put your thoughts out there for all to read, but I think it will be a great learning experience. We are all pretty much in the same boat as well, so we will be in it together; a learning and sharing community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world, Jocelyn. I find it a very effective way to share and consolidate my thoughts. That being said, it is not for everyone so approaching it with some scepticism is not a bad thing. I hope you enjoy it and find it useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging Jocelyn! I'm interested in hearing about your different experiences with moving around so much when you were younger. Different areas and cultures always have their own unique spin on ideas and I'm looking forward to seeing your viewpoint on certain topics as we move through the course :)

    Miss L
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete